In non-book blog news, I got the 3,000+ tags I used on LJ down to 57. Especially with no function on DW to search your blog (at least not without a paid account) the loss of all the tags is going to hurt, but hey at least my blog shouldn't vanish. ...hopefully...
---

New Horizons (Beneath the Dragoneye Moons #8) by Selkie Myth.
Quick synopsis: What do you do when your character is immortal and one of the strongest people on the planet? Reset things somehow. In this case, Elaine insults a fae by mistake and gets tossed 20,000 years into the future...
Brief opinion: It's kind of funny:
I loved Dungeon Crawler Carl, a litRPG book series, but book #8 killed all positive feelings I had for it.
I loved the Dragoneye Moons books, a litRPG book series, but book #8 killed all positive feelings I had for it.
Plot: 20,000 years in the future, Elaine is still immortal in a world of mortals, but somewhat less "strongest person on the planet".
In this future world,Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry School of Sorcery and Spellcraft exists and though is expensive and exclusive, Elaine gets in for free.
The biggest plot point in this book and at least the next few books is that she gets a girlfriend. The first half of the book is, to quote another reviewer, "expositional waterboarding". Unending minutia about what she learns in class (when the character reads a book, the author adds page after page of it into the story). The second half is even worse: Elaine gets a girlfriend and they do little but hang off each other, make out, and think about how sexy the other is.
Oh, and Snape is apparently a professor. He even said the whole "bottle fame, brew glory" quote...
And for some reason, after seven books of normal magic, now suddenly they need wands. Of course we learn the wood type and exact length of Eline's...
Editing: The one thing I can't criticize is the editing. After starting out god awful, each book improved. This book was actually nearly free of errors and issues.
What I Liked/What I Didn’t Like: After really enjoying the previous seven books, I can't name one thing I liked about this book.
What didn't I like? Everything. By moving 20,000 years in the future all the good things from the previous books were gone. I have zero interest in hundreds of pages of two people lusting after each other. And have I mentioned Temu-Hogwarts? The author wasn't even subtle about what the school was.
Rating: 1-Hated / 2-Disliked / 3-Okay / 4-Liked / 5-Loved: ⭐️ - Hated. I nearly DNFed this book so often, and I really should have. As the next book continues to be all school/lusting, and the book after that continues the lusting for each other, I guess this is the end of the series for me.
---

New Horizons (Beneath the Dragoneye Moons #8) by Selkie Myth.
Quick synopsis: What do you do when your character is immortal and one of the strongest people on the planet? Reset things somehow. In this case, Elaine insults a fae by mistake and gets tossed 20,000 years into the future...
Brief opinion: It's kind of funny:
I loved Dungeon Crawler Carl, a litRPG book series, but book #8 killed all positive feelings I had for it.
I loved the Dragoneye Moons books, a litRPG book series, but book #8 killed all positive feelings I had for it.
Plot: 20,000 years in the future, Elaine is still immortal in a world of mortals, but somewhat less "strongest person on the planet".
In this future world,
The biggest plot point in this book and at least the next few books is that she gets a girlfriend. The first half of the book is, to quote another reviewer, "expositional waterboarding". Unending minutia about what she learns in class (when the character reads a book, the author adds page after page of it into the story). The second half is even worse: Elaine gets a girlfriend and they do little but hang off each other, make out, and think about how sexy the other is.
Oh, and Snape is apparently a professor. He even said the whole "bottle fame, brew glory" quote...
And for some reason, after seven books of normal magic, now suddenly they need wands. Of course we learn the wood type and exact length of Eline's...
Editing: The one thing I can't criticize is the editing. After starting out god awful, each book improved. This book was actually nearly free of errors and issues.
What I Liked/What I Didn’t Like: After really enjoying the previous seven books, I can't name one thing I liked about this book.
What didn't I like? Everything. By moving 20,000 years in the future all the good things from the previous books were gone. I have zero interest in hundreds of pages of two people lusting after each other. And have I mentioned Temu-Hogwarts? The author wasn't even subtle about what the school was.
Rating: 1-Hated / 2-Disliked / 3-Okay / 4-Liked / 5-Loved: ⭐️ - Hated. I nearly DNFed this book so often, and I really should have. As the next book continues to be all school/lusting, and the book after that continues the lusting for each other, I guess this is the end of the series for me.